Each class worked in small groups to answer given questions on hurricanes. After all groups turned in work, the presentations were combined to form one large google presentation.
- Where do most hurricanes occur and why? (map required)
- Where do hurricanes occur in the USA and why do they hit land where they do the most often? (maps required)
- What is the typical time of year hurricanes occur (and explain why)? (pictures required)
- What does a hurricane need to develop? (Ingredients)
- What is the form (shape) of a hurricane and what goes on inside of it? (diagram needed)
- What are the categories of hurricanes (pictures required).
- What is the most dangerous aspect of these types of storms?
- What happens to the hurricane once it approaches and then hits land?
- Why do hurricanes seem so devastating in less developed countries?
- Choose a hurricane from American history and explain the devastation and include pictures
- Choose a hurricane from World history and explain the devastation and include pictures
- Why do hurricanes not cross the equator? (pictures, maps required)
- Compare hurricanes and monsoons – explain the differences, pictures required.